Meal Prep Monday – Mexican Meatballs
1 lb. of mushrooms
1 lb. 98% lean ground
1 bunch of cilantro
1 egg white
2 handfuls pork rinds
1 red bell pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1. Pre-Heat oven to 375
2. Place the pork rinds in a food processor and blitz into a
3. Chop 1/4 of the bunch of cilantro and add it to a large mixing
bowl with the meat, spices, egg and pork rinds, and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture up into 1 oz. balls. Heat cooking spray in a
sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the meatballs to the
pan as you roll them.
5. Turn the meatballs occasionally as you prepare the
6. Sear the outside of the meatballs, once brown on the outside
bake for 8-10 min.
7. Cut the zucchini in quarters the long way and remove the
seed portion from half of the quarters.
8. Slice your mushrooms, and chop one red bell pepper.
9. Add the veggies to same pan the meatballs were in. Salt
and stir the veggies occasionally. They will become watery for
a bit, but then the moisture will reduce and the veggies will
10. Top veggies with meatballs. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro
2017 06 19